Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Pathetic Retorts 1 of 2

Lately, the Midgard Police matters has been taking many of my time, so much that I have no more time to post the latest events here.

But latest Ragnaboards events have forced my hand to post here.

1. Notorious Thor Bans.

Recently, Scar Face and Kakita Yaza were banned right before the RPC playoffs in Thor. As expected, this got the most amount of outrage, as to why only now, and why before RPC.

It was particularly painful for Scar Face. He is Level 99, yet the crimes he made as a mere knight did him in. Oh, and did we mention his bot priest got banned too? He belongs to the guild Phoenix Cranes. He was unsuccessfully defended by Showstopper, with unusual vigor. Nothing could be done by her to undo the permanent ban that was slapped upon him.

Next, Kakita Yaza of the infamous Esteemed House of Bots. Er, I mean Crane. Up to now, no one knows if the alibi that Kakita Yaza has a new owner is true. Kakita Yaza was caught botting as a mere Alchemist. Now a biochemist and one of the frontliners for another guild in RPC, she fell from grace.

As a result, EHOC declined from joining RPC. Perhaps disgruntled that one of their botted ranks finally got the boot? No one will ever truly know.

I've also gotten questions as to why only now, and that if there was a conspiracy behind it. There is no conspiracy, just tons of backlogs. And mind you, they're enough to fill up a small room.

I've gotten my fair share of threats too. More particularly, from illegal traders that I've caught. Threats ranged from never going to RPC to getting me fired.

There's but one problem... they don't know who to aim! I keep it a habit to maintain anonymity in my patrols. I speak to the offenders anonymously. The fact that they don't know my name makes them stab in the dark in vain, hurling desperate taunts that I am "bakla" because I don't reveal myself. In reality, they want to find out who to beat up in RPC to avenge their scarred prides... prides that were shot down when they were caught violating the rules.

Such is humanity. Angry are the people caught in their crimes, madly rationalizing their wrongdoing. Truly pathetic.

Maybe it is these same botters and illegal traders that are causing and telling people to stop playing in Thor, under the guise of migrating to Valkyrie, the upcoming Free-to-play server. Perhaps to take revenge against Level Up and the Midgard Police for accosting their accounts? Maybe to escape the wrath of the Midgard Police? It doesn't matter.

The MP team doesn't show pity towards botters, and any rulebreakers in general. I know, I've taught them well.

No comments: