Sunday, April 22, 2007

When one must sin to survive... hah!

During the holy weeks, I took a vacation where I mostly meditated.

After the holy week, I decided to go back and meditate again, following the favorable conditions, and the fact that I can afford it.

But when I went back to duty... ugh.

First, there were people who were playing the dating game with me. This was already told to me by colleague Nirvelli, and I'm disgusted by this.

Now this.

It seems that pRO is fitted with yet another antibot feature. How I knew this?

My friends told me that there's a very strange absence of bots serverwide. To my pleasant surprise.

Until I visited the ragnaboards and went on with my usual rounds.

Typically, a botter, with a foreign IP, posted "a world without bots"

IRO is dead(serious) about hunting down and banning botscheck out the end result:http://forums.roempire.com/showthread.php?t=144995


What is this lunatic thinking? Or more specifically, what powerful drug has he been smoking to come up with such conclusion?!

This is an example of pathetic assumptions based solely on personal desires. On top of promoting to break the rules.

And Pax Lucis, who apparently is a warfreak, debated with me to the very end. Until moderator Sakura, speaking through Nirvelli, told to break it up.

Other moderators don't really trust Pax and his intentions. My colleagues tell me he too is a botter... While I cannot prove this immediately, I should at least state this, because the circumstances covering his unusual disapproval against Level-Up enforcing the rules; especially those in regards to botting.

Was his argument "Look at the situation! If you kill the bots, there will be nothing left in Ragnarok! These botters will never return to RO anymore! You cannot press for a move to remove all bots this late! The game will die if you destroy all bots!" valid, or mere sourgraping following recent actions?

True enough, he tried very hard, using logic, realism, and occasional fault-finding to further his argument. But it was an argument doomed to fail right from the start. When you're challenging policies, policies not even those in authority are immune to, by default, those who are against it always loses.

He argues how can a policy be valid when no one follows/enforces it? It will always remain a valid policy. People may ignore or not implement such policies, but it will never change the fact that it is a policy indeed. Just because the bible had rules we don't follow doesn't mean those rules don't apply to us anymore, merely because we don't recognize it as rules. Guess what, they STILL are rules! And it still applies!

Only those who authored a policy/rule can change them. In an official ceremony and in an official word.

Why is this world filled with fools; greedy fools who will do everything and anything to maintain their twisted lifestyle? To boot, these mortals, who will never bring their ill-gotten fame, levels and glamor to their graves, have the nerves with a sharp tounge.

And they wondered why there are people who do not like humanity at all. They'll never understand because they are the ones benefitting from it.

This is one of my arguments that rings true not only in Ragnarok, but in real life as well...

Allow yourselves to be used by evil, or a tool of evil, and you yourselves commit a crime. When you consciously know the evils behind it, yet do it, without regret, that's graver than grave.


Being an accessory to a crime may give you less liability, but you still have commited a crime.

This quote of mine may sound like Martial Law, but sadly, this is true.

The question is not about respect. Whether you like the guts of the enforcer or not, rules are to be followed, or consequences will happen, implied or otherwise.


The enforcer implementing the rules should be followed at all times, especially when you are on their territory. Resistance equates to a less-than-pleasant experience.

And when you claim total victory under questionable circumstances, you become less than a man. You become a crab who only cares for one's own pride, and becoming righteous, even when you are in no position to do so.

Like this.

Eh... 12:45am. I'm leaving this thread. Pax Lucis you can finish it off. One last thing.Geonitz, you know you lost this match. You know who you remind me of? sudius. sudius was a very arrogant and stubborn/constant TS in the Gunslinger Section who refused to give up. But eventually, sudius did give up and stopped posting. Only there it wasn't Pax Lucis and I, it was Yralyn and I.'Till we meet again.


He spoke a lot of bot advocacy, by the way. Want proof? Here's a glaring one.

No Geonitz, you are asserting what YOU believe. I don't think that "people must use bots for the game to survive". I think that people must use bots for the game to have real lives! I want you guys to look at Geonitz's blog and tell me what you think. In my opinion, it's pretty paranoid if you ask me. He talks about how he hates the human race?


Paranoid? Me hating the human race? It has probable cause, if any, but this words will bring you right back to reality.

A person having a real life by using bots? No matter what you say, no matter how you rationalize, it's never an excuse to break what is considered policy, moral or otherwise.


Sad isn't it?

It seems that the grim reaper of the Ragnaboards will have a lot of bounty later on.

Will it be me? Will it be one of my colleagues? It'll be easy to tell.

In ending, there's a policy before that prohibited challenging rules that are set, many of these which are dogma. I should have that rule reinstated.

No comments: