Sunday, March 11, 2007

Disappointments

It's sad that most of my comrades have been preoccupied by their real lives.

I miss the old days when we all worked as a team and worked things out as one.

But, ah, we all do not grow any younger. We get families. We get children. We age.

Perhaps I should be happy that I have given up my humanity ages ago.

However, even yours truly, with the powers of Orochi, is not immune to the damnation humanity has imposed. (Though I don't get to suffer the same fate as they do in certain situations, heh.)

Humans fear what lies ahead. This is because it's literally unchartered territory, and the fear of making the fatal mistake is dominant.

On another note, on Women's day, I read Morrigian's blog (linked from here, check out the links) and read all about a poem dedicated to women. Let me snip a sample of it.

If you are a minute late, she complains it's hard to wait
If she is late, she says that's a girl's way
If you visit another man, you're not putting in "quality time"
If she is visited by another woman, "oh it's natural, we are girls"
If you kiss her once in a while, she professes you are cold
If you kiss her often, she yells that you are taking advantage
If you fail to help her in crossing the street, you lack ethics
If you do, she thinks it's just one of men's tactics for seduction
If you stare at another woman, she accuses you of flirting
If she is stared by other men, she says that they are just admiring


Let me comment on this as an Orochi. I'm more effective at this rather as being Kaiba, where I'm more likely to say stuff that I would regret later.

Women may have their excuse of getting exclusivity and getting the excuses they need to get their way... but this is inequality at its worst. People are forced to make excuses for a woman. This is not right.

Moreover, it imposes things that are outright unfair. It is right when done to a woman, but WRONG when done to a man. This is certainly twisted.

In the aspect of romance and value, this would be excusable and tolerable.
This is unacceptable for someone like me.

But why, you ask?

When people asked long time ago for gender equality, women got what they want.
But as time goes by, women realize their potential, value, and power. Without respect to the other gender, this brings women to an uneven slope; the exact inverse of what has happened before, when the men were dominant.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against women being successful; but when they use their position to gain unfair advantage, to the point of trampling men over like they're nothing, this is where trouble starts.

My words may reek of communism, but man and woman should work hand in hand, not work against the other. When this happens, you do not get harmony in the world, and you set each other into inevitable self-destruction.

Neither men nor women can live without the other. Men alone can't procreate. Neither can women.

And I'm still looking for a good blog design. All my drafts are horrible, and I'm not going to stop until I find a design that fits.

2 comments:

Morrigan said...

Like what I always say...

Women demand equality and yet they want men give their seat to them.

Imba.

Jherskie said...

what morrigan said is so true. men and women are equal, yet most gender activists only see the wrongs done upon women. most of the time (in my opinion), feminists are becoming more engrossed with females dominating the males, that they fail to underscore the inherent weaknesses of men as compared to women.